Who We Are
The Leading Organization for Self-Operated Foodservice
The Association for Healthcare Foodservice (AHF), is the leading organization for self-operated food management professionals in healthcare and senior dining. We are a 501(c)6 nonprofit organization with a robust membership of professionals and vendors all working in the self-operated foodservice industry. AHF is dedicated to keeping our foodservice departments self-operated, in-house, and homemade.
We believe self-operated foodservice increases food quality and customer satisfaction. We are committed to providing high-quality, nutritious, and comforting meals to those in our care: Our patients and their families.
Who Are We?
We are food directors, managers, chefs, dietitians—we are problem-solvers, innovators, educators, trainers, and leaders. We work hard to provide the best for our customers and organizations. We are the intersection of hospitality, compassion, and healthcare.
To provide the professional network, resources, and tools to promote self-operated foodservice and hospitality in healthcare, senior dining, and related industries.
Why You Should Join Us
AHF is here to empower members of the self-operated community. AHF is a critical resource center, network, and community for self-operators to be a part of. AHF provides educational opportunities, networking events, and professional tools for our members. In short, we provide the resources that make our members indispensable to their organizations. AHF members have access to:
- Education – Both online and in-person.
- AHF Benchmarking – An powerful online tool that helps members document and manage their operational metrics while comparing themselves against other member facilities and the industry overall.
- Idea Exchanges – Real-time idea exchange through our active online member community. Get all your questions answered by experienced peers.
- Self Operated Support Program – Support to stay self-operated and operate at peak efficiency. Download and print curated documents, guides, and templates. Or reach out to our standby SOS team if a contractor threatens you.
- Vendor Support – A vendor network that supports the AHF mission, and inspires you with new and innovative products, technologies, and services
- Recognition – Through networking, AHF competitions, publications, AHF’s annual industry awards, and more.
- Industry News – Through AHF’s printed and electronic magazines and newsletters.
- So much more! Explore the site to learn more.