About Self Op Support Program
AHF Self-Operated Support Program
The program provides:
- Resources to self-operators who need to prove their value
- Resources to operations looking to becoming self-operated
- Support to newly minted self-operated facilities and organizations
- Support to operations under threat from contractor(s)
If you are encountering the issues above, submit an SOS request below. The SOS Team is made up of current AHF leaders, subject matter experts, consultant partners, and operators who can lend support to individuals in urgent need.
Resources & Tools
AHF members can access a library of supportive documentation. New documents and resources are released regularly.
Contractor Threat Resources: For facilities under threat from a contractor, transitioning to self-op status or needing to prove value.
- Comparing Contract Vs. Self-Operated Foodservice
- AHF Benchmarking
- SOS Request for Assistance
- Asking the Hard Questions about Outsourced Foodservice Operations
- Consultant Partner Assistance Program
- Fast Contractor Threats
- Making an Informed Decision about Contract Management (Coming Soon!)
- After the Contractors (Update Coming Soon!)
- Executive Summary: Benefits of Self-OP (Coming soon!)
- Responding to a Contractor Threat (PPT and Sample RFP) – (Coming Soon!)
Financial Resources: For operators looking for financial best practices, presentations, tracking templates, and more.
- Financial Best Practices in Food & Nutrition Services
- Self-Op SWOT Analysis Tool
- Monthly/Quarterly Annual Reporting PPT Template
- AHF Benchmarking Express Program
- AHF Regulatory Resource Center
- Daily Weekly Success Checklists
Operational Resources: Tools to help improve operational efficiency.
- AHF Patient Engagement Checklist
- Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Reporting PPT Template
- Daily/Weekly Success Checklist
- AHF Benchmarking
- Scorecards and Dashboard Templates
- AHF Retail Checklist
- Clinical Resources Management Document
- AHF Standard Operating Procedures Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Executive Summary: Benefits of Self-Operated Foodservice (Coming Soon!)
Consultant Partner Assistant Program (CPAP)
When a self-operator needs more advanced assistance, AHF’s SOS Team will pass the individual along for a complimentary conversation with one of our consultant partners. These consultants will provide 60-90 minutes of free support. If the individual needs more support beyond that they can either continue working with the SOS team or decide to work with the consultant for a fee. Either way, AHF will work to get you the support needed to protect your operation.
AHF’s Supporting Consultant Partners
- Donald Miller & Associates (DM&A)
- Rippe Associates
- Ruck Shockey Associates (RSA)